Wednesday, November 20, 2013

Voiced // POEM: The Blinding Shine by Thomas Rivet (collaboration with Shir S.)

The Blinding Shine
Today I saw a bee,
a honeybee,
I did,
I swear;
don't believe me?
It went like this --
I was curious,
so I bid a bare
hand -
annoyed,
it panicked,
poisoning me;
I turned
yellow
then black ...
I felt dizzy,
so I hit the sack.

I woke up early,
before dawn,
on my uncle's lawn,
weirdly.
I rubbed my eyes
and
thumbed the air -
I was stung again, now roused,
I started to see, and care.
The blinding shine, 
that far star flare.

I narrate my galaxy,
regrettably,
no other can see
without said bee
sting;
so, get stung.
Or forever 
accept my short story
as a sorry,
fictitious
allegory.
THOMAS RIVET

--
Poem based on these three words:
Honeybee. Galaxy. Fictitious.
Suggested by Shir S., a close friend of mine.

No comments:

Post a Comment